Hutchinson Memorial CE (A) First School’s aim is to provide a happy, secure and Christian learning environment in which every child can achieve academic and personal success. Each child is valued and encouraged. We recognise that all children have potential and do our best to provide a caring and well-ordered environment in which they can learn and develop.
We are a church school – what does that mean?
As a church school, Hutchinson Memorial aims to develop its religious character taking into account the principles of the Church of England and promotes Christian values through the experience we offer to all our pupils. We have strong links with our local church, St Mary & All Saints, Checkley.
Click here to visit the Church Website
Click here to read The Church of England’s Vision for Education
Click here to view The Church of England’s Guidance on Valuing All God’s Children
Being a Church of England Aided First School means we embrace the following Christian Values:
- Hope & Happiness: ‘The lord has done great things for us and we arefilled with joy’. Psalms 126:3
- Friendship and Respect: ‘A friend loves at all times’ Proverbs 17:17
- Determination & Courage: ‘Let us run with determination the reace that lies before us’ Hebrews 12:1
- Trust & Honesty: ‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding’ Proverbs 3:5
- Kindness & Forgiveness: ‘Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgace you’ Ephesians 4:32
- Creativity & Curiosity: ‘Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them’ Romans 12:6
Although these values may be supported and shared by Christians and non-Christians alike, theological backgrounds and biblical references help to explore what is distinctively Christian about each value.